I starting reading the Ratio Book and start to weigh all my ingredients to create a balanced cake. So do this recipe you need a scale to weigh the flour and sugar. It will not really work in a measuring cup. I wanted to use up my 3 lonely bananas the other day. What better way then doing a banana bread. It took under 10 mins to combine and mix all the ingredients. You can’t complain! It’s easy, yummy and fit for a hero!
Mighty Banana Bread with sprinkled sugar
- 16 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder4 oz (1 stick) butter, melted8 oz cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe medium bananas mashed up by hand
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First you need to heat the oven to 350°F. Then grease a 9- x 5‐inch loaf pan, use cooking flour spray to get better result.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar around the pan( optional. I like it as it adds a little sweetness to the loaf)
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Let cook while you mix the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and bananas to butter and mix and combine.
- Make a well in the flour bowl and gently mix in the banana mixture. Do not over mix. Having lumps is fine.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of brown sugar over the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until nicely browned. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Check on the bread after about 40 mins. If it is getting too brown, cover with foil and rotate the pan till the cake is done.
You can serve the cake along with a glass of hot coffee or chocolate milk. Enjoy !